Adorned with embroidered calligraphy, THE STENOGRAPH SERIES is our collector's edition which reflects Javanese philosophy. We created this hand-pulled serigraph in a limited run, through sustainable and ethical practices in Indonesia. Every artwork is signed and numbered, with a certificate of authenticity. The first edition of our STENOGRAPH bag features artwork 'Suwung Pamrih, Tebih Ajrih', opus no. 1910.
Our Stenograph Bag is a tall, boxy bag with a pair of short handles and a comfortable detachable sling (90 cm). The design inspiration of this bag came from stenography, a short-hand writing technique in journalism before the invention of a voice recording device. The method uses special symbols that shorten words or sentences to write swiftly and maintain confidentiality. The making of this bag requires great skill and patience since all sides of its cutting pattern feature unique illustrations. This tall, boxy bag comes with three inside compartments and one extra pouch.
- It includes a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity.
- There is a letter from the artist, stating the concept and inspiration behind the artwork.
- Each bag is numbered and signed by the artist.
- It includes a matching zipped pouch (14 x 13 cm).
- It comes inside a special gift box.
- The interior of the bag uses our signature lining. This lining fabric is a highly durable water-repellent fabric, created using the most advanced technology from recycled PET bottles and post-consumer materials.
- Comes with a dustbag, made from pure cotton textile.
Hand-printed serigraphy textiles on unbleached (chlorine-free) cotton canvas, using eco-friendly water-based inks. For the handbags and accessories category, unless otherwise noted, each textile is protected with water-resistant Poly-Urethane coatings. Our hand-made production is certified by the Bluesign® system. This certification is a strict screening, designed to monitor the responsible use of resources, clean work processes, wastewater management, healthy air ventilation, and safety procedures for the workers as well as a safe final product for the consumer.
(length) 22 x (width) 11 x (height) 25 cm
(length) 8.6 x (width) 4.3 x (height) 9.8 in
(length) 14 x (height) 13 cm
(length) 5.5 x (height) 5.1 in
90 cm | 35.43 in (detachable)
Due to our hand-made serigraphy process, every printing on each product is unique and varied from one to another. It is impossible to choose the printing of each product to be exactly the same on the showcased photos on our site or social media. These photos are for visual references of the products’ shapes only. The colours and alignments will never be the same from one print to another due to this manual labour.